What single exercise helps slow the aging process, increases metabolism, strengthens your immune system and reduces cellulite in just a few minutes a day?
I’ve been rebounding for a few years now and LOVE it.
In fact, I try to do at least 15 minutes a day. (See this post to see how beneficial just 15 minutes of exercise a day can be.)
Vigorous exercise such as rebounding is reported to increase lymph flow by 15 to 30 times.
What It Is
The exercise itself is called rebounding—which basically consists of bouncing on a mini-trampoline called a rebounder… and experts say that ten minutes a day is all it takes to reap major health-enhancing benefits.
Recent findings from a NASA study, published in the “Journal of Applied Physiology,” show rebound exercise to be one of the most efficient, effective forms of exercise.
What’s more, figures presented at a lecture given at the American Society of Bariatric Physicians showed that rebounding tones up the glandular system to increase the output of the thyroid gland, the pituitary gland, and the adrenals—all very important components of weight management.
Here are 22 Great Reasons to Rebound
1. Increases capacity for respiration
2. Assists digestion
3. Tones the glandular system to increase the output of the thyroid gland, the pituitary gland, and the adrenals
4. Reduces-–and in some cases may eliminate—cellulite
5. To rebound, you don’t have to leave the house
6. Contributes significantly to the health of the lymphatic system which is dependent on movement to get rid of waste
7. Stimulates all of your organs
8. Increases immune cell activity
9. Rebounding is low impact, so it won’t lead to the structural damage caused by the constant pounding of the skeleton against unforgiving surfaces
10. Improves balance
11. Stimulates healing
12. Aids in combating depression
13. Enhances elimination
14. Increases bone density
15. Reduces tension & stress
16. Reduces body fat
17. Most rebounders are highly portable
18. Promotes muscle tone
19. Stimulates metabolism
20. Rebounders don’t take up much space
21. Is perfect for almost anyone—from toddlers to senior citizens
22.Vigorous exercise such as rebounding is reported to increase lymph flow by 15 to 30 times
How to Get Started
Simply set up your rebounder somewhere comfortable (Mine’s in my living room most days), set your timer and begin bouncing.
Before closing, though, I offer one word of caution: Rebounders can get pretty expensive. But more expensive doesn’t always mean better quality. I bought my rebounder for under $100 and LOVE it. It’s about three years old, is still going strong and I have NO plans of upgrading it.
Let me know if you decide to try rebounding & what you think!
In health & happiness,
Powered by Facebook Comments